Avenue RIVAL~ Runway to Reality


This is the first of 2 posts today, following round 2 of the Avenue RIVAL casting. I'm delighted to have got through to the interview stage. The show yesterday was stunning - with some fantastic styling from the rivals, and I feel honoured to be part of this process.

Our first challenge for the second round was "Runway to Reality" This is what we were asked to do: "Spring hasn't quite sprung yet, but it is already all over the place, at least, in the fashion world. So, for your first outfit selection, we need you to take a close look at the Alexander Wang Spring/Summer 2013 collection and be inspired. Please do remember that inspiration does not mean replication. Pick an outfit of your choice and put your personal coin in it. We want to see you and your interpretation of it, not a copy of an outfit. Originality is always a preference, and exact imitation is not a form of flattery. Study hard - then own it."

I have to admit, I struggled with this - I wanted to find a structured, white loose shirt with some cut out details, but despite a good few hours searching, I just couldn't find what I wanted. Then inspiration struck - to get the effect of the detailing by layering, and I found something in my inventory that worked as an undershirt, and a simple long chiffon shirt that gave me the right line to wear over it. Once the top had been sorted, the rest kind of fell into place, with the leg harness from .shi and big shades from Je Suis giving just the kind of runway worthy detailing I wanted.



Style Notes:
Overshirt: Ison
Undershirt: The Niven Collection (I think this store is closed now)
Shorts: Molichino
Leg harness: .SHI
Shoes: Diktator
Shades, earrings, nails: Je Suis

Comments