Second Life Top Model Competition Week 5 - Marc Jacobs inspired geometrics



The Challenge:

Marc Jacobs’ Spring 2013 collection was just out and I loved it! Black and white, geometric shapes, makes it look as if a graphic designer came up with this great fashion look.

Wow us all next Saturday with geometric black and white! You may combine items as needed. 

Have fun!
Fro 

My styling:

I've always loved monochrome styling, and the Marc Jacobs spring summer 2013 collection rocks so this was a great challenge to take on.

I spent a good while searching the grid and I must have tried on more black and white stripey things than I thought existed! In the end, I pulled together a lot of different geometric and optical patterns into a cohesive, eye catching, fun and chic look.

The statement piece of this look is the fabulous Wild Pop Lady Cape from The Secret Store which I modified a little to remove the colours (the original has red trim and green lining).  The bold black and white abstract swirls are actually made up of rows of grey and black dots on a white background. I love the dramatic shape of this unique design.

Bare midriffs were a feature in the Marc Jacobs collection, so I decided to wear a simple black bandeau underneath. 

The pencil skirt is from Indyra Originals - black leather stripes on a white linen background. The ultra pointy spiky heeled stilettos are from Sim-i-lar Italian Footwear. 

The crowning glory is the Optical Square Hat from SoliDea FoliEs. 

And to carry on this crazy mix of patterns, I've added zigzag earrings from Maxi Gossamer, checkered sunglasses from The Mad Nerd, dotted bangles from Immerschoen, and a black and white clutch from Maitreya. 

I love the 60's mod feel of this look, so I wore Bombshell Bardot makeup from BlackLiquid.

Sometimes, when I'm styling, I like to throw away the rule book and see what happens - this was one of those times - this many different patterns shouldn't work together - but because they're all black and white and geometric, they do! (Well, I think they do at least) I hope you like it as much as I do!

And.....I got through to the final! So exciting! Wish me luck!!!





Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I appreciate feedback and love to hear your views. My comments are always moderated, so it could take some time for your comment to appear, please be patient with me! xox