SL Top Model The Final! Part 1 - Casual Chic


After a photo elimination, finalists live selection and 5 weeks of styling challenges, the grand finale of SL Top Model was on Sunday, live at the Fashion For Life Runway. The 9 finalists had 2 styling challenges for the finale. Here's the first:


"THE FINAL CHALLENGE:

SL TOP MODEL COMES TO AN END ... Congratulations for making it this far!
I am requesting two different styles for the finale:

1) One of the hardest things - according to my experience - is the casual chic look. People either understate it or over do it. Look fabulous, make an impact, be creative and wow all of us!"

I started off styling a completely different look for this - very pretty, pale and spring like, with a lot of white and pastels, but to me, I ended up looking like I was going to a wedding, rather than strutting the runway in a Top Model contest, so I had a radical change of heart. I'd picked up this suit at the latest round of Collabor88, and I decided to use it instead. Red is a hot colour this spring, the suit is beautifully tailored, and I wanted something that screamed confidence. I kept the styling very simple, with the addition of the bow scarf, a great colour match, black heels, and a simple black and white clutch. Bold, classy and tres chic, I felt, and I'm delighted that the judges agreed!

Style notes:

Jacket: (Elate!) - Piper Blazer  /Cranberry - from March Collabor88
Pants:  (Elate!) - Elle Jeans  /Cranberry
Scarf:  DRIFT - L'Bow   /Cranberry
Bra: Glam Affair - Intima - Marta /black
Shoes: [Gos Boutique] - Sophia Peeptoe /Essentials Collection (worn in black)
Bag: Maitreya - Calgary Clutch /Couture
Earrings and ring: Je Suis - Voyante /plain*
Hair: LeLutka
Hands: Slink

Comments