Miss Virtual World - now the fun begins!


The final selection auditions were held yesterday, and 7 more Misses won their place in the Miss Virtual World 2014 competiton, bringing the total to 32! I was totally empathising with the various posts and comments I saw during the week from the auditionees - it was only a couple of months ago I was there myself, but knowing this was the last audition for the year gave it some added pressure too.

Big congratulations to all those who made it, and commiserations to those who didn't this time. I know how disheartening it is, as I was in the same position last year, and I know it may not feel like much consolation right now, but it really just means it wasn't your time - there are plenty of other ways to enjoy and succeed in a modelling career, and who knows, if you decide to try again next year, you may be pleasantly surprised!

The Misses had their first 2 meetings this weekend. I couldn't go to the first, because I was out of town partying in RL, but I managed to get to the second one. We were asked to style to show how we want to be seen as a model. I struggle a bit with this because, really, I want to be seen as a current, versatile, high fashion model - not stuck in one mould, so it's hard for me to come up with one look that I think is really "me". It's more "me today" in my mind.

So I decided to wear something new I'd spotted recently, and just put something together that reflects my personal taste. The outer top is part of a dress from Les Petits Details - it comes with a bandeau top and short skirt, but I decided I wanted to wear leggings. I used the top part of a dress from Azul as the under top - this worked well because the neckline mirrored the shape of the top. I added gloves, because I have an ongoing love affair with gloves and I like the way they finish an outfit, and I added chunky black and silver earrings and rings that echoed the circle pattern on the top. I got some lovely feedback on the look, so I'm a happy bunny right now!

All the Misses are now equipped with a long list of dates and information about challenges, sponsorship, interviews and the like - and though I can't share the details, I will say it's going to be a busy couple of months till the finals on 14th December! Our first formal challenge will be on 22nd September, to end BOSL Fashion Week - so watch out for notices for your first chance to see all the Misses strut their stuff on the runway! It's going to be epic!

Scroll down for my styling credits.


Style notes:
Top (outer): Les Petits Details - Chica Dress Top *new*
Top (under): Azul - Jill Gown /Onyx
Leggings: Maitreya - Couture Leggings /Black
Gloves: Celoe - Mery /Mine
Earrings: Pure Poison - Black Viper Earrings
Rings: MG - Venetian Fortune Rings *new* at FaMESHed

Comments