Solidea Folies on the runway at Avenue Fashion Week


One of my personal highlights from Avenue Fashion Week was walking in the Solidea Folies show. I'm a long time admirer of Mila Tatham's work, and modeling such a prestige label was exactly what I dreamed of when I started out.

Avenue doesn't just send the outfits and leave it to the models to style their own way - for each show in Fashion Week Avenue stylists provide notes to give the shows a unifying signature - emulating real life fashion shows. For the Solidea Folies show were were advised to go for strong red pixie crops and eyebrows, dark eyeliner, and pale skin and lips. I decided to risk just wearing a hair base, from Lelutka. It took a bit of getting used to for me - as you know, I'm usually platinum blonde and I pretty much always wear a full head of hair, so this felt risky. But once I'd got my head round it, I loved the look, and it really did bring the clothing to the fore. I was even contacted by a member of the audience after the show to ask where my hair was from (it's the LeLutka Short Hair Base), so I'm guessing the look worked!

The Solidea Folies collection for Avenue Fashion Week is all black, with pieces that can be mixed and matched for a wide range of looks from minimalist sleek to elaborate. It's a stunning collection and well worth a look. Avaialble for sale at the Avenue Fashion Week Retail Gallery now, until 29th October.


Comments