Dress to Impress


I sat in on the Miss Virtual World Academy 105 class last weekend. It took me right back to late 2011 when I was just starting out as a model. This class is over 3 days, and the students get individual feedback on their look, styling and presentation from Frolic Mills, CEO of BoSL and the MVW organisation. It's pretty scary stuff for a new model, facing this kind of scrutiny.  And the feedback can be quite candid - Mr Mills is looking for the "wow" factor from his students. I know only too well, it takes a lot of work for most of us to take our avatars from pretty, or even beautiful, to outstanding.

I think perhaps the most important lesson from a class like this, is to be able to face scrutiny and take feedback, even if we don't like, or agree with, what we hear. As a model, you are putting yourself out there to be looked at, and people will have an opinion, even if they don't tell it to your face. It's a tough game. It's an incredibly valuable thing Frolic offers his students on the 105 - this personal attention and feedback - and in the world of SL modelling, it's surprising how rare that is.

The styling task the students were given for the second class was to put together a look you might wear to a cocktail party with Karl Lagerfeld. Although I was only sitting in, I decided I would style a look to this theme as well. I liked this look so much, I decided to wear it to my Avenue interview as well!

Style notes:
Dress: Secret Store for FaMESHed (February cycle)
Boots: Baiastice
Necklace: Donna Flora
Earrings: LaGyo
Bag: HandVerk
Ring: Mandala
Nails: Mstyle
Eye makeup: blackLiquid
Lipstick: Glance
Hair: LeLutka
Leggings: Croire 


Comments