Monochromatic


I keep meaning to join in with Strawberry Singh's Monday Memes and then never quite finding the time until it seems like waaaay to late to do it, but one from a couple of weeks back did inspire me, so I decided to do it, even though, of course, I'm a bit late with it. It's the Black and White Portrait Challenge.  You may recall I did some black and white shots back in January, with a very classic, vintage style, so i thought it would be interesting to do something a little more contemporary and edgy for this.

The corset from Hate Me And Eat Me at The Couturiers Dock was the starting point for this look, and I combined it with their Incongru hat, which does all sorts of wonderful things with the right lighting. I added some dramatic makeup, sleeves from .Shi and stunning fetish heels from Azoury for the complete look. And then I played a lot with shadows and lighting to get these effects. The raw images from SL were almost black and white, but one of the side effects of the wind lights I used was some sharp "corners" so I needed to do a bit of work in photoshop to smooth some of the edges, and also to desaturate the images to get them to as close to black and white as they are. The images aren't strictly 100% black and white - there's a hint of sepia in them, but I'm happy with the results anyway, and it was interesting for me to work more with shade and light for a change. I hope you enjoy, and you can see more of the bloggers photos for this challenge in the Blog Memes Group here on Flickr.

Scroll down for my style notes and SURLs.


Style Notes:
Corset: H.M.A.E.M. - Namesi @ The Couturier's Docks
Hat: H.M.A.E.M. - Incongru Hat
Sleeves: .Shi (old group gift no longer available)
Shoes: Azoury - Fetish (for Just Designs Bare Feet)
Eye Makeup: Alge's Designs
Lipstick: Madrid Solo
Lip Line and Slink Nails Appliers: blackLiquid
Hair: BooN



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I appreciate feedback and love to hear your views. My comments are always moderated, so it could take some time for your comment to appear, please be patient with me! xox