Forties Glamour

This season in the UK fashion is all about the forties, and as soon as I tried on the Expert hairstyle from Lelutka I thought of Veronica Lake and the glamour of Hollywood in the post war era. I just had to find the perfect little black dress to wear with it.  A frantic search of my ever burgeoning inventory surprisingly came up with nothing quite right - how on earth have I survived in secondlife without a perfect little black dress?. Then, yesterday, my prayers were answered when a notecard appeared in my inbox with a picture of the new Shimmy dress from retro store, Icing, a long time favourite of mine. And it's perfect! So here we have some vintage glamour for you.

I've kept it all very simple, in keeping with the era, accessorizing with Gems and Kisses Classic set, a stylish black bag from R.Icelli and high heels from N-core. My skin is the new Gio from Glam Affair, and the makeup and lashes are from KOSH - I'm really loving their wet look lipsticks at the moment, which come in a fantastic range of dark and light shades, at a really good price.

Here's your taxi to Icing.

While you're there, check out the rest if the stores on the sim - some lovely finds to be had there, all with a retro flavour, and you can enjoy a peaceful coffee by the dock too.

Now I just need to find a good retro club to go shimmy and shake my glammed up booty!


Comments