Evolution


Training is crucial for any aspiring model in SL. As well as learning the essential "tricks of the trade" it's a great way to network and meet industry professionals. Before I started in this game I had no idea just how much there was to learn - I mean, just how difficult can it be to walk your avatar in a straight line and pose a few times? But like all true professionals, the best models make it look a lot easier than it actually is.

As well as impeccable styling and editing to make the outfit look just right, you need to choose the right walks and poses, making sure they don't stretch garments out of shape or put limbs through prims. And you have to look at the transitions, the way the poses flow together, to present the outfit in the best possible way. And then there's communication devices, setting up HUDs, and doing it all under pressure while fighting the incredible lag that always comes with fashion shows. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

I completed a combined basic and advanced degree at iC Motions Academy back in July. It gave me a sound grounding in the basics of runway and some of the general "how to's" of modeling in SL. Augusta Carver, my tutor, was encouraging and positive and gave me and my fellow student a lot of confidence to hit the ground running. But I knew I wanted more - as a model, I need to be challenged to be the very best I can be. So I enrolled with the Miss Virtual World Academy.

I went to my first class at the weekend. It was a 2 hour session on shapes with Kay Fairey, a very experienced model and CEO of BLVD agency. The session was conducted in voice, and Kay looked at each student in detail, making suggestions as to how they could tweak their shapes to achieve the look they were aiming for. Kay made 2 suggestions for me - one was to make my head a little larger, the other was to narrow my eye opening a little. I took these on board, and wow! What a transformation! It's incredible what a couple of notches on the slider bar can achieve.  Kay also recommended some new eyes for me, and they are simply stunning. I now look much fiercer, less "cute" and more "fashion" - the next evolution of Bea, and I love it.

Excited by my new look, I decided to try to style a look in the spirit of Alexander McQueen - here's the result.



What I'm wearing:

Clothes:
Body suit:  LeLultra - SPIKE/nude Lelutka
Boots: [PACADI Jasha] Armadillo Plateaus (store closed)
Corset: Mix&Match - Corset - Plat B1 Gems and Kisses
Gloves: part of Smoked Coat outfit Vita's Boudoir


Body:
Hair:  [LeLutka] POMPAI hair - Powder  Lelutka
Skin:  Glam Affair - Gio Petal Chod from Miamai Black Label Miamai
Lips:  SHINY LIPS -ginger-  KOSH
Lashes: NoAlpha lashes no.1  Miamai
Eyes: HD - Natural Series  hazel blue4 - medium ED Design

Poses from Di's Opera
Photos taken at Bladerunner sim



Comments