Modernist


Todays modernist fashion is all about pared down elegance - geometic shapes, simple lines, exquisite tailoring, fine fabrics and neutral colour palettes - the sixties mod brought up to date with sharp tailoring peppered with bold statement accessories and colour. Classy, chic and modern.

I've tried to acheive this look starting with the beautifully tailored layered top from Lelutka, which I have recoloured in navy and tan.  This is paired with tan wide leg trousers, part of a jumpsuit from Veschi for The Dressing Room.

Simple two-toned high heeled pumps from Lelutka conitnue the navy and tan clour palette, to which I added some splashes of burnt orange - in the bag (also from Lelutka) and the jewellery. The earrings and bangle are from So Many Styles. The oversized necklace which I recoloured to match my colour theme is from LaGyo.

The thing I found most difficult for this look was, surprisingly, the hair.  I wanted a classic clean Sassoon inspired bob - I finally settled for this simple pudding bowl bob from Bliss Couture which I think adds a quirky, sixties edge to the whole look. I couldn't resist adding the apricot lipstick from LG Concept which reminds me so much of my grandmother's orange ice lippy back in the sixties and I think completes the look. 


Comments