Venus in Furs


One great thing about pixel fashion is no-one's going to throw eggs or paint at you if you wear fur - and no animals, faux or real, are harmed in any way (unless you want to get into arguments about symbolism and the power of imagery - but somehow I doubt that my choice of coat for this outfit will send people running to their local real life furrier in this case). But ethics aside, furs are unlike anything else for making a fashion statement - timeless and opulent, fur is all about luxury, decadence and sheer look-at-me glamour.

This gorgeous fur coat is from the November outfit from Tres Beau. It comes as part of a complete outfit with a sweater, trousers, boots, and a hat - perfect for romantic strolls in snowy winter sims. But, as I'm not one for wearing out of the box outfits, I decided I'd try something a little more glamourous, and wear it with the look I put together for the Red Carpet styling theme for my Miss Virtual World Academy 105 class.

I've been meaning to take some photos of this look since last November, but never seemed to find the time.  I was inspired by Halle Berry at the 2011 Oscars when I styled the look, and I got some great feedback on the course for it. Of course, the Oscars are held in L.A. where the sun almost always shines, so the celebs don't need coats when they strut their stuff on the red carpet - but here in chilly London, mid winter premieres demand coats - and what better to throw over a lovely lace gown than a fabulous fur?

Style notes:

Coat: Tres Beau - November Sable Fur Coat
Dress: Azul - Dailey/champagne
Shoes: N-core - Poison/Rose Clair
Jewels: Rozoregalia - Aludra

Hair: MADesigns - Bo/Light Blonde II
Nails: N-core Manicure
Skin: Glam Affair - Linn /Light BL Clean
Eye makeup: KOSH - Lost Souls Eyeshadow/Rotting Roses
Lip gloss: MOCK - Teenage Dream lipgloss
Lashes: Miamai - No Alpha Lashes No.1



Comments