Sweet dreams are made of this



Kabuki boutique has been running an open casting for models. Part of the selection process is styling a look based on an inspiration from 1980's music. It's generated some fab responses - you can see the entries at the Flickr group here

My inspiration was Annie Lennox, lead singer of the Eurythmics. She is an incredible vocalist, a genuine diva, and she rocked an androgynous look that made her as much a style icon as a music legend.  See and hear Annie in action here.  There's a lot of interest in androgynous looks in the SecondLife fashion world at the moment - there's even a new magazine dedicated to the style: Androgenius, second issue out now.

I knew exactly how I wanted to style my Annie inspired look - but it took a bit of searching menswear to find the right pieces. I started with a casual tux from Alphamale - the trousers were perfect, but the jacket swamped my avi and I just couldn't shrink it to fit well. I wanted a white shirt and blue tie - I found these at Coco Homme, part of a grey tailored suit, but again, the jacket just didn't work on a female shape. The shirt and jacket collar came as one attachment too, so I had to do quite a lot of modifying to get just the shirt collar and tie to show, and fit. For the jacket, I ended up at Aoharu, where I found a tailored jacket and waistcoat made for women - and the outfit came together at last. I found the hair at MADesigns - it's not the first time I've worn their men's hair, so I knew that would work. I accessorised with high heels, long long nails, and of course, bright red lipstick. The whole point of this style is not to try to look like a man, but to mix the masculine and feminine elements.

Style notes:
Jacket and waistcoat: Aoharu BT TailoredJK set/black
Shirt and tie: COCO Homme TailoredSuit(Gray) - White Shirt
Trousers: Alphamale - Formal pants/Black
Shoes: N-core COQUETTE Spikes/dark blue
Stockings: Izzie's - Stockings blue
Hair: MADesigns HAIR::. ~ TYLER ~ Light Blonde I, LoQ Hairs - Golden Platinum Hairbase



Comments