OGlam Model Search ~ Inspired by Roberto Cavalli



The OGlam Model Search is reaching its' conclusion, and the challenges are getting, well, more challenging! For phase 3 we were asked to style a look inspired by Roberto Cavalli's Fall/Winter 2012-2013 collection. 

You can see the Cavalli Milan Fashion Week show here, to get a flavour of the look. Furs, elaborately beaded pants and tops that look like animal skins, swishy maxi skirts and flirty minis, rich golds, browns, and more vibrant blues, teals, limes and purples - this collection is opulent, dramatic and excessive - a total contrast to our last challenge, minimalism. 

The OGlam guys and girls obviously enjoy a challenge! Fortunately, so do I - and I had great fun researching and styling this look - with a lot of purposeful shopping during the week :) I have added a fur mesh maxi skirt to my SL shopping wish list - any designers reading this - do you think you could give it a go??  After a good few hours shopping, I found these sequin pants at Miamai, and they gave me a starting point for my look. And to top it, Francisc Guardian released these cute hats on Saturday! Perfect for this look! Francisc very kindly rustled me one up in teal alligator to match my pants, and my look was complete! So now I wait to see if I got through - keep your fingers crossed for me!



Style notes:

For a change, as well as the usual list, here's the description of my look I used in the show:
"Beatrice Serendipity wears an opulent look inspired by the Cavalli Fall 2012 collection. Eye catching teal sequin pants from Miamai are worn with a buttery gold lame leather tee from Ison, soft black leather opera gloves from 5th & Oxford, and snakeskin ankle boots from Kunglers.  Bea's hat was designed by Francisc Guardian - the McCullough in Teal Alligator leather. She carries a boxy Croco leather bag from .Shi and an ornate necklace, Amarcord,  from Donna Flora (recoloured with toning teal and saffron shades) glistens at her neck."
Hat: -Guardians - Mccullough Teal Alligator (available on SL marketplace)
Hair: [LeLutka]-BLAKE hair - MarilynFade
Top: ISON - leather blocking tee - gold lame
Gloves: (5th&Oxford) Leather Gloves - Long *black*
Trousers: Miamai - Mahvi Pants /Sequined Blue
Shoes: (Kunglers) Ankle boot - snake grape
Bag: .Shi : Croco Leather Bag {Black}
Necklace: Donna Flora - AMARCORD black necklace (recoloured)


Comments

  1. Wonderful styling Bea! Roberto Cavalli is a fun designer and a wonderful challenge to style in SL. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I appreciate feedback and love to hear your views. My comments are always moderated, so it could take some time for your comment to appear, please be patient with me! xox