Cockatoo! The SL Top Model Competition third styling challenge


The brief:

"For your next challenge, please create an outfit inspired by any animal you would like. This is an exercise that should honor the animals that inspired the outfits, so wearing the animal is not a good idea.

You need to look like models, not like animals. Our hint on what animal you were inspired by can be subtle: maybe it is the fabric of your outfit, or the accessories ... maybe the hair, etc.

Imagine this is a collection you will show to an ANIMAL PROTECTION ORGANIZATION.  You will be honoring these beautiful animals, and not look like you killed the animal! Be creative in your presentation: Think about your walk, poses and overall look. Above all, look like you are definitely a TOP model!"


I chose the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo as my animal inspiration. I have always loved these endearing birds, they look so elegant and dapper with their pure white plumage and dazzling yellow crests.

I put together a couture look in the finest white vegan leather and soft tulle using pieces from 3 designers, and topped the chic white ensemble with a hat recolored in the brightest yellow to echo the cockatoo's crest. The vintage feel of the look is given a modern twist with the daring cut of the jacket, and the McQueen inspired Armadillo boots.

And I got through to the next round!!!! I wonder what next week will bring?

Style notes:
Skirt and boots: Fanatik
Tulle skirt: Molichino (part of Rhoda gown)
Earrings: LaGyo
Makeup: White Widow
Hands: Slink


Comments

  1. And so you should go through to the next round. I love your interpretation. Most brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting - I appreciate feedback and love to hear your views. My comments are always moderated, so it could take some time for your comment to appear, please be patient with me! xox