SL TOP MODEL CONTEST - first challenge - Ann Demuelemeester


It was a week of frantic styling for me last week, with not two, but 3 styling challenges happening at the weekend. I've already blogged my styles for the Avenue RIVAL casting, but I figure I may as well tell you about the SL Top Model Contest as well.  I got into the final 30 for a couple of weeks back now. Last Saturday was the first round of the final - which consists of weekly styling challenges until mid-March, with 4 models eliminated each week. This contest is different, in that the judges are mainly designers, and the prize is contracts with 20 SL designers! 

Our challenge was to pick a look from any collection by Belgian designer Ann Demuelemeester and recreate it for the SL runway. Demuelemeester's work is typically black, with elements of goth and punk, and she uses a lot of leather, so I found myself styling my third all black look in a week! When I got to the challenge, I met up with my good freind and fellow Miss Virtual World Academy graduate Nice Wildrose, and our styling was inspired by the same collection. We looked so good together, it made sense to do a double pic for our blogs - so here it is. Take a look at Nice's blog to see her styling details.

I'm glad to say we both got through this round, so now we're working on next weekend's challenge - and this one WILL be challenging! More of that next week :)


Style Notes:
Top: Baiastice
Gloves: Belgravia
Ultra High Waist Panties: Gawk
Fur shoulders: Color Me H.O.F.
Skirt: GeWunjo
Tights: Bax
Necklace (chains): Mandala
Spiky collar and ring: Gems & Kisses (closed)
Boots: Ten"10
Hair: Emo-tions





Comments